In collaboration with KiVa Groningen I am asked on a regular basis to train teaching staff and to deliver tailored guidance.
KiVa – an anti-bullying program developed in Finland – is a preventive school-wide program which focusses on the strengthening of the social safety in the school and the stopping of bullying. KiVa promotes positive group dynamics and stimulates social emotional learning and competencies. The focus is on the group instead of the individual.
KIVA is an evidence-based program. Research shows that:
- It improves school climate
- It improves academic results
- It increases personal well-being
- It is effective for stopping and preventing bullying
- It decreases depressions and negative feelings
- It delivers tools for teachers to handle bad behaviour more effectively